May 2, 2016 In Recipes
Grilled Avo And Red Cabbage Salad
Not that we need an excuse to hang out with Anna-Belle, but we’ve decided to partner up every few weeks to make something delicious together. Anna-Belle has always been one of our biggest supporters and is always interested in getting her chocolate-and-redbull-diet in check by adding fresh, healthy food to her plate. For our first date we decided to enjoy the last few days of summer by making a fresh avo and cabbage salad. Add some friends (Chanel ) and some sparkle (orange juice and champagne) and you’ve got a recipe for success. Or a good laugh at least.
- 1 Red Cabbage (we added brussels sprouts for fun)
- 100g Walnuts
- 150g Green Grapes
- 25ml Orange Juice
- 50ml Olive oil
- 25ml Walnut Oil
- 25ml Raspberry Vinegar
- 1tsp Agave Syrup (we used maple syrup)
- 25ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 1tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lemom
- Halve grapes and chop walnuts roughly. Halve red cabbage and thinly slice.
- Fill half of a large saucepan with water, add salt, and bring to a boil. Place red cabbage into boiling water and blanch for approx. 3 – 5 min. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- For the dressing, add orange juice, olive oil, walnut oil, raspberry vinegar, agave syrup, and balsamic cream to a canning jar. Season to taste with salt and pepper and shake well to combine.1/2 Tablespoon of chopped Almonds.
- In a large bowl, combine red cabbage, grapes, walnuts, and dressing. Mix well to combine.
- Quarter and pit avocado. Carefully remove peel and cut into slices. Brush with vegetable oil.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill avocado slices on each side for approx. 1 – 2 min. Drizzle with lemon juice. For serving, transfer salad to a plate and top each portion with grilled avocado. Enjoy with fresh bread.
Recipe originally found here.
We ended the day with some lemon lollies made with a Zoku Quick Pop Maker because we need to milk summer as much as possible of course!