CHINESE FLAT BREAD
We love chinese flat bread, and ever since eating the hand-break bread at PRON we’ve been dying to try and make our own. This recipe is super simple and the result is delicious.
Plain flour, scallion/spring onion, salt, oil
1) Making the dough: Mixed 3 cups of flour with a bit less than 1 cup of warm water, add 2 teaspoons of salt and 3 -4 tablespoons of oil. The dough should be medium soft, not hard.
2) Chop scallion into smallest pieces (only the green part).
1) Divide the dough into smaller pieces.
3) Roll the small dough into a thin sheet.
4) Evenly spread a pinch of salt, chopped scallion pieces on the sheet.
5) Roll it up altogether, and press down.
6) Roll the mixed dough into 0.6cm thin flat sheet.
7) In a heated flat sauce pan, add in around 2 tablespoons of oil.
8) Only when the oil is hot enough, place prepared the sheet into the sauce pan. Keep medium to low fire. Turn side time to time.
When both sides become gold and crispy.